Jacket Sweet Potatoes with Cottage Cheese
This dish is similar to the traditional baked potatoes and sour cream – but without the guilt. The sweet potatoes are a much better carb choice and the sweet onions in the cottage cheese are delicious!
READY IN: 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES
4 tsp (20 ml) olive or canola oil
¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice
2 tbsp (30 ml) water
4 tsp (20 ml) finely grated fresh ginger
1 small chilli, seeded and chopped (optional)
1 clove of garlic, crushed
2 onions, cut in wedges
6-8 small sweet potatoes, in the skin
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ˚C.
2. Mix oil, lemon juice, water, ginger, chilli and garlic in a large bowl. Add onions and sweet potatoes and toss to coat the veggies. Season with pepper.
3. Place in an oven dish, with all the liquid and seasonings. Roast for 45 minutes or until the onions and potatoes are soft.
4. Stir onions with any pan juices into the cottage cheese. Cut a deep slit into each sweet potato and fill with about 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the mixture. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Serve with grilled or roasted fish, chicken or pork and fill your plate with any green veggies, lightly cooked and seasoned with
lemon juice and black pepper. Or a green salad will also be delicious.
1. To make wedges: Cut sweet potato into wedges and coat in oil mixture as above. Roast for just 30 minutes and serve with sauce as a dip.
2. Add fresh grated lemon rind to the cottage cheese sauce, for more flavour.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER PORTION:
Energy 724 kj
Protien 8,7 g
Fat 3,2 g
Carbohydrates 18,9 g
Salt 0,4 g