1. Preheat oven to 180 ˚C. Place spices, half the oil, salt, lemon juice, water and butternut in a large bowl and mix well. Season with black pepper and place in an oven dish. Roast for 30 minutes or until butternut is tender. Allow to cool.
2. Spoon onto spinach or lettuce and drizzle with remaining oil. Enjoy as a salad.
Serve with grilled or roasted fish, chicken or any meat of your choice and fill your plate with lightly cooked green veggies, fruit or a tomato salad.TIPS:
1. Add 1 slice feta, cubed to the salad for more flavour, but omit the salt.
2. For an extra crunch serve salad with pumpkin seeds.
3. The spinach can be stirred into the hot butternut to soften the leaves a little. Serve as above.4. Add any salad ingredients of your choice like tomatoes, cucumber or green beans.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER PORTION:
Energy 1 129 kj
Protein 7,4 g
Fat 13,1 g
Carbohydrates 14,3 g
Salt 0,6 g