- 1 cup (250 ml) uncooked brown rice
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) salt
- 1 x 170 g tin tuna in brine, drained
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- ½ cucumber, halved and sliced
- ½ cup (125 ml) frozen whole kernel corn, rinsed
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh mint or origanum
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) white grape vinegar
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
Place rice and salt in a pot and cover with water.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes or until tender. Drain, rinse and allow to cool.
Dressing: Mix ingredients in a bowl until well blended.
Stir tuna, veggies and herbs into the rice with the dressing.
Serve as a light meal or lunch.