1. Mix all the ingredients together. Meat, chicken, fish or veggies should only be seasoned with salt and pepper before braaiing it. Use no more than 1½ tsp (7,5 ml) salt per kilogram of meat.
2. Place rub in an airtight container or glass jar and store away from direct sunlight, like in a cupboard or drawer. The mixture will last for 2-3 months if stored correctly.
3. To use as a dry rub: rub 4 tsp (20 ml) or to taste onto 750 g meat, like steak, chicken, other meat or even veggies. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes or braai immediately.
4. To use as a marinade: mix 4 tsp (20 ml) of the rub with ¼ cup (60 ml) olive or canola oil and 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice. This is enough for about 1,5 kg or 8– 10 portions.
5. Place marinade in a large mixing bowl, add ingredients to be marinated and mix until well coated. Marinate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
6. Braai over medium coals until cooked to your preference. Cooking time will depend on the ingredient used. Brush with any extra marinade during the cooking time.
1. For a spicier rub, substitute all, or half of the paprika with chilli powder or cayenne pepper.