The Heart and Stroke Foundation South Africa (HSFSA) seeks to appoint a PR & Communications/ Marketing Manager. The HSFSA has offices in four provinces with a mandate to serve the whole country.
The PR & Communications/Marketing Manager, a key member of the management team will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of the organisation’s communications and public relations strategy. This role will cover all aspects of branding, advertising, marketing, PR and communications. The manager will report directly to the CEO and be based in the Cape Town office.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Marketing, institutional reputation and brand management
• Stakeholder engagement and management
• Manage, create and design communications material
• Coordinate and implement communications plans for key campaigns
• Lead all aspects of PR, communications/marketing whilst working closely with the CEO’s
office and other departments and programmes
• Manage the overall PR and media coordination function of the organisation
• Manage and grow social media platform following
• Assist in writing newsletters, media releases and presentations
• Manage company websites and communications databases
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with journalists and other information sources
• Co-ordinate activities between head office and other provincial offices
• Developing the knowledge base and skills of the PR and Communications /Marketing intern
• Social media knowledge and digital campaign experience
• Marketing experience, media monitoring and generating reports on content analysis using Google analytics, Insights, etc.
• A track record in having good interpersonal skills, be proactive, decisive and be a positive influence in team work
• Experience in health communication
• Degree in PR and Communications and or Marketing
• At least 3-4 years documented experience
• Excellent English writing skills, other language proficiency will be an advantage
• Knowledge of latest social media and digital media trends
• Knowledge of relevant software e.g. MS Office, publishing software, graphics and photo imaging software
Please submit the following documentation in your application:
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Certified ID
3. Certified proof of qualifications
To apply, submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by the 29 July 2019.
For enquiries please contact Bianca Snyders on 021 422 1586