The Heart and Stroke Foundation South Africa (HSFSA), a national not-for-profit organization, is seeking to appoint a Business Development Officer to be based in Cape Town. The Business Development Officer is expected to have good business acumen in order to drive, lead and manage the activities associated with the HSFSAs incomegenerating programmes which serve the strategic direction of the Foundation. He/she is also expected to source “new business’’ and have skills in fund-raising with the purpose of financially sustaining the Foundation over the long-term. The appointed individual will work with and report directly to the CEO.
• Have a certified Business Administration qualification from an accredited higher education institution
• At least 4 years’ business administration experience in the private and/or public sector
• Must have good interpersonal and negotiating skills, commercial understanding and awareness
• Must be organised with excellent attention to detail, have strong analytical skills, be computer literate, and have the ability to be flexible in a changing business environment
• Must show initiative and be able to work independently when needed • Must have a track record of ethical work standards and understand the legal business environment in SA and the region
• Must understand contracting for business especially relating to the health and food industry • Must be willing to travel (a valid driver’s licence for a manual vehicle obtained in South Africa is required)
• An understanding of the regulatory food endorsement programmes will be an advantage • An accounting background and established networks in the private and public sectors will be an advantage
For more details about this position please contact the CEO on 021 422 1586.
Please e-mail your CV, certified ID and certified qualifications together with the names of three contactable references you have worked with in the last 3 years to email@example.com. With the CEO in copy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 18h00 on Friday, 22nd November 2019
NOTES: (1) If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
(2) The HSFSA is not obligated to appoint.