1. Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and season with black pepper. Only season meat once ready to braai, with no more than 1½ tsp (7,5 ml) salt per kilogram of meat.
2. Place the any meat, chicken or fish in the bowl and mix well with the marinade to make sure that it is well coated.
3. Allow to marinate for 1-2 hours or overnight in the fridge. Fish should not marinate for more than 30 minutes.
4. Braai over medium coals until cooked to your preference. Cooking time will depend on the type of meat used. Brush with any extra marinade while braaiing.
1. Use dried herbs if preferred. Use ½-1 tsp (2,5-5 ml) each.
2. This marinade is best to be made and used straight away, as the fresh herbs tend to discolour after some time.
3. Replace half the lemon juice and rind with orange juice and rind.
4. Salad ingredients, like cucumber, green beans, tomatoes and even avocado will be delicious with this marinade as a dressing. Or serve over lightly cooked green veggies.
5. Toss butternut, baby marrows or veggies of your choice in the dressing and roast at 180 ˚C.