- ½ cucumber, cubed
- 1 red or green pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 small pineapple, cubed
- 4 tsp (20 ml) red wine vinegar, lemon or lime juice
- 4 tsp (20 ml) olive or canola oil
- black pepper to taste
- 10 large fresh mint leaves, shredded
OR add any of the following to the salsa:
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cubed
- ½ medium papaya, cubed
- 1 mango, cubed (when in season)
- 1-2 avocados, cubed (when in season)
- 1 chilli or to taste, finely chopped
- handful fresh parsley or coriander leaves
- pinch of toasted coriander or cumin seeds
1. Gently mix all the ingredients together and season with more vinegar or lemon juice and pepper to taste.
2. Serve as a side dish or accompaniment with any meal.
1. This salsa will be delicious served with leftover braaied chicken in wholewheat wraps.