VACANCY: Health Promotion Officer
The Heart and Stroke Foundation South Africa (HSFSA), a non-profit organization, is seeking to appoint one (1) Health Promotion Officer to be based in Cape Town. The applicant must be able to fulfil the primary goal of the Health Promotion Programme which is the prevention of cardiovascular disease (heart disease and stroke) through various activities, including health screenings and health education talks. The successful applicant will report directly to the Health Promotions Manager.
- A health-related degree, diploma or certified qualification. Preference will be given to applicants with a nursing qualification, emergency services qualification, and those who are registered community health workers.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a health-related field (including Health Promotion)
- Experience in data collection using digital technology for research-related activities will be an advantage
- Ability to collate and write reports
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Afrikaans
- Must be computer literate (including, word, excel and Google Drive)
- Own transport will be an advantage
- Ability to Work in a team and have a strong work ethic
- Have a South African driver’s license
- Must be a South African or a Permanent Resident with a work permit
- Being a trained registered EMS worker or an experienced registered nursing sister will be an advantage
DUTIES WOULD INCLUDE
- Community-based health-promoting activities through health risk-assessments (screening), health education talks participating in community-based events and capacity building
- Data collection for key health indicators
- Develop partnerships with key people, communities and organizations, including the private sector, who can influence public health
- Implement activities based on the strategic plan of HSFSA
- Written and verbal communication with the public, media and partners
For more details about the position please contact the Health Promotion Manager, Dana Govender, on 031 261 9055 or email email@example.com.
Send your CV, three contactable referees and certified ID and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Closing date: 10 June 2021 at 17h00
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Appointment will be pending police clearance. The HSFSA has the right to not appoint